Sep 3, 2010

Use Ubuntu - Think about people not just about money.

As I sit here installing Ubuntu on my friend's Sony laptop, her words "you have never done me wrong" keep ringing in my ears. So instead of fixing her Windows issues, I put Ubuntu on it. I am worried about her simply accounting and game familiarity integration. Change is harder as we get older and maybe that is why I am nervous. How much faster will the computer be? I usually find Ubuntu to be twice as fast as Windows. What repositories should I install? I guess I should install WINE, just in-case.
Maybe Ubuntu gives us too much freedom or is there just too many options. It takes me 2 hours to do this. If i fixed windows $80 x 2 = $160, but it is Ubuntu $25 x 2 = $50 Or maybe I should just charge my normal rate, after all it will be better for them and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment