Yesterday I got to take a look at Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04
Here is my review.
- 2 hours on Windows 7 - the CPU and Hard drive serial numbers have to sync
- 1 hours on Ubuntu - no entering in numbers from Microsoft
- Windows 7 would not let me install Chrome I keep getting "This file is not valid".
- Ubuntu 12.04 I had to do 3 extra setups
- sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
- Install the Google Talk plugin
- Install the Chrome browser and other games from the Ubuntu Software Center
- Windows 7 now has the ability to know if a program is already running so it doesn't start the program again. Same in Ubuntu
- Windows 7 comes with 2 Virus Protection software programs that conflict with each other.
- Ubuntu doesn't need Virus Protection
- Windows 7 comes with Digital Right Management (you have to pay)
- Ubuntu displays website better now that most are HTML5 compliant.
- The customization in Ubuntu is twice as good as Windows 7
Microsoft has done a good job at keep people in the dark about Ubuntu. 1 year ago was the first time you could buy an Android tablet in Canada and you still can't buy a non Windows 7 computer in Canada. I hope my blogging about this helps you.